Living in McKinney, we know that it can get hot during the day, and even well into the night. That is where a shade structure comes into play. With many styles available, they help to protect you and your loved ones from the harsh heat of the sun.
The great thing about shade structures is that they can be built as standalone structures or as part of an existing deck or patio. We can help you to design and build your shade structure, and there are numerous wood options, to help match your yard aesthetic. Building a unique shade structure can really draw the eye and become a focal point of your yard.
We have been building shade structures for years in the McKinney area and beyond, and we know how to make the most of our climate, we do live in the area too. So, if something is missing from your yard and you want to enjoy the outdoors for longer, give us a call to talk about how we can build a shade structure or add one to an existing project.
Request A Free Estimate
What You Should Know About Shade Structures...
Shade structures are one of the most versatile additions to your yard. We can build them any size, so there are no worries about hoping that they fit. If you have a large yard, we can go big and give you somewhere amazing to entertain. And, if you have a small yard, we can build a more intimate shade structure.
Shade structures offer a focal point when built and they are extremely easy to maintain and keep clean. You can wipe them down, and powerwash them every season. The maintenance is mainly about checking for any damage.
You also have the option of moving the shade structure if you want to change your yard plans. For more information about shade structures, give us a call.
To Hire Us
At McKinney Deck Builders, our goal is to build decks in McKinney and surrounding Collin County areas.
Reasons why you should choose us:
1. With decades of experience, we’ve seen it all when it comes to deck building and can handle anything.
2. Unlike many contractors, we actually answer the phone and always act professional.
3. Nobody is more experienced at building outdoor living spaces for the whole family.
Benefits Of Installing A Shade Structure In Your Yard
The main benefit of a shade structure is protection. The sun can get hot during the day, and a shade structure is going to protect you and your family, allowing you to stay outside for longer. This is extremely beneficial for young children.
And, along with shading from the sun, the shade structure is going to protect you from rain, snow, and wind too. It is not going to stop everything, but it will offer some protection from the elements. That protection also extends to your furniture and other yard items. Your furniture is not going to become bleached, and the high winds are less likely to leave your belongings strewn across the yard.
Add to that a wonderful place to entertain, where you can hang lights, speakers, and more, and you have a valuable asset in your yard.
Get A Free Estimate
Best Practices For Shade Structure Installation
- Functionality: Choose the area based on the functionality. There is no point in placing the shade structure faraway from your home if you are going to use it as a place to entertain, or you are going to be walking back and forth a lot. The same goes if you are creating a play area for your kids, and want to be able to see them from the window.
- Shade: If you are investing in a shade structure, you need it to create shade. If you place it under trees, it may have a nice aesthetic, but the functionality of the shade structure is going to be wasted. Take the time to observe your yard and plan to place the structure where it is going to protect from the sun.
- Beauty: You should choose between matching your yard or contrasting with it. Do you want the wood and finish to match the other structures in your yard? Or, do you want this structure to be totally different and a focal point? Plan what this shade structure is going to be before we start the designs.
We Install Shade Structures In The Following Areas
McKinney, Celina, Prosper, Mellisa, Princeton, Anna, Weston, Lucas, Allen, Gunter, Little Elm, Frisco. Blue Ridge, Farmersville, Lavon, Lowry Crossing, Parker, Murphy, Nevada, Fairview, Hebron, New Hope, St. Paul, and most of Collin County.
If you would like to inquire if we service your area, please call (469) 949-3394